I finally want to share my favorite soup recipe with you.
This cheesy soup hits the spot anytime and is easy to make
in under 30 minutes.
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup
Think.. Liquid queso soup in a bowl.
- 1 can Rotel
- ½ Block Velveeta cheese – cubed
- 4 Cooked Chicken Breast –Shredded or cubed I make my chicken breast once weekly in bulk when I meal prep. I highly suggest using the Instant Pot to bulk prep meat
- ½ onion- chopped finely
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 3 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Adobo
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Green Chilies I keep a jar in my fridge- sub a small can of diced green chilies if you don't have it in a jar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cooking Oil to sauté with
- Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, Green Onions, Whisps, Jalapenos, Hot Sauce
Place 2 tbsp oil in your pan and turn heat on medium. Saute and stir chopped onions until onions are translucent.(~5 or so minutes). Add the green chilies and 1 can of Rotel to the pan. Stir. Once mixed then add the above spices. Let mixture cook for 30-45 seconds so the spices can intensify in the veggie mixture. Add the water, and let mix cook for 10-15 mins. Once broth mixture is warm and bubbling add in the cubed Velveeta cheese to the broth mixture to thicken the soup. Stir soup and mix very well until cheese is completely melted into soup. (If your soup is too thin- add more cheese or a dash heavy cream to thicken mixture). Add shredded chicken last to warm chicken through- serve soup with toppings and enjoy.
Photos by Stephanie of Life Created