My long awaited Cauliflower Recipe is posted below.
- 1 bag cauliflower florets or 1 head of cauliflower chopped into small florets. (I use the bag of fresh cauliflower florets from costco)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbs or 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 2 tbs butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese for topping, or to thicken mixture
- Optional ingredients:
- 2 tbs cream
- Bacon bits
- Food Processor- I use my mini 3 cup Cuisnart food processor. The exact link to mine is located under my product recommendations.
- Boil Cauliflower until fork tender. (10-15 mins)
- Drain cauliflower and put into food processor.
- Add sour cream, butter, parmesan cheese, 1/2 of the shredded cheese mix, salt and pepper to food processor.
- Turn on food processor and grind/chop until the mixture is finely mashed/mixed with no lumps.
- Add remaining cheese to the top of your cauliflower mash when done.
- **If your mixture is too watery, add more parmesan or shredded cheese. If the mixture is still a little bit lumpy, you can add a touch of heavy cream or sour cream, and blend again until mixture is smooth.**
You can also top the mash with bacon, or bake the mixture if you want a more “twice baked mash” — I highly recommend my friend Suzanne’s twice baked recipe which can be found here.